Saturday, July 11, 2009

Back on the Big Plane

Having been up late packing and then up in the night with Seren being sick we slowly rose and put the last few things in our bags. The trip to the airport went pretty quickly (helped by the fact that I slept the whole way there) and before we knew it we were saying farewell to Mum and Dad.

After an expensive couple of sandwiches and drinks (24 Euro which nicely cleaned out my purse) we boarded the plane for Dubai and say Au Revoir France.

The two legs were, again very long and I managed to watch about 20 minutes of a movie only to find that it wasn't available on the Dubai - Melbourne leg so I will have to get hold of it and watch it another time. I then gave up on movies and watched 2 short episodes of a UK comedy called Out Numbered which I highly recommend it you get the chance to see it.

I managed to get about 5 hours sleep overall, not sure what the girls got ( a little more than that) and no idea how much Glen got as I think he watched some tv while I slept.

Luckily we landed in Melbourne an hour early, collected our 9 pieces of checked in baggage and headed home taking a short detour to see the 'Sold' sign on our house around the corner! Funily enough, the tour was in its final 20km when we got home so Glen decided, dispite the late hour, that we should watch it while the girls excitedly had a play with every toy in the room.

We had a fabulous holiday and a wonderful time with Mum and Dad but it was lovely to be home in our own beds (well Glen and Tieve ended up doing a swap) and now we have 2 days to get organised and over our jet lag before the reality of returning to work on Monday after 15 months off.

No comments:

Post a Comment