Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A day in Bath with old friends

Today we headed into the beautiful city of Bath. We met our friends, Sue and Martin as we came in through the series of locks that lead into the city. After picking a mooring right in the centre of town, we headed in for some sight seeing.

Out side the baths there was a guy busking playing the most wonderful sounding instrument. He was selling CDs so after standing listening for a while we bought a couple of his CDs. I will see if I can find their website and link it here. Hopefully it will have some clips of the music.

I decided to see the baths again with Glen even though I had been in twice before. It turned out Dad had never been in either so he joined us too. I am glad I went in though as they had greatly improve things in the past 10 year, now having an audio tour and improving some of the displays and putting fake, floating walls in parts to help you visualise the spaces better.


Mum and Dad then decided to go out for dinner with Sue and Martin so Glen and I bought some dinner to take back to the boat for ourselves and the girls. The others were back an hour and a half later having had a lovely meal at Jamie’s Italian so we sat down for some drinks and nibbles before taking some night photos and heading off to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment